- The objectives of the AIA shall be to encourage and assist members in developing knowledge of the patenting and marketing of new products.
- Encouraging and assisting members by conducting regular meetings, conferences, and educational programs.
- Provide a medium for interchange of ideas among members and dissemination of information to members.
- The AIA is organized exclusively for scientific and educational purposes.
- The association shall be so conducted that no part of its income or earnings shall insure to the benefit of any member, director, officer or other individual.